anothernovelread

Another Novel Read | BookLikes

A blog about (mostly) young adult books. Reviews, discussions, cover reveals, giveaways, and more! Please visit my main website at ohthebooks.com

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs I got this book on Kindle when it was on a super sale, and decided to read it one weekend when all I had was my phone with me. Reading a book on your phone is not necessarily ideal, and doubly so for Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. With all of the vintage photographs spread throughout, it really should be read on paper. The images were so small on my screen that I couldn’t really appreciate them. In any case, the story was… interesting. It started out pretty slow, but once things got moving and Jacob finally started investigating the island and home where his grandfather grew up, my interest grew. Unfortunately, it was kind of a let-down. I don’t know what to say other than that it just wasn’t very exciting. I was hoping to love this book, but in the end I only kind of liked it. I don’t think I’ll want to read the next book in the series.