anothernovelread

Another Novel Read | BookLikes

A blog about (mostly) young adult books. Reviews, discussions, cover reveals, giveaways, and more! Please visit my main website at ohthebooks.com

Reboot

Reboot - Amy Tintera 2.5 stars, rounded up to 3[NOTE: I received a free copy of this book from a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.]Reboot started off pretty strong. Wren (178) was an intriguing character. Ruthless, emotionless, and hard. I liked getting to know her and experiencing things through the eyes of the strongest Reboot out there. But all too soon came Callum (22) who just pretty much changed everything. And while I realize that was the catalyst for most the story, it was just so predictable that it bored me.There were some interesting things happening with the Reboot training, missions, and the mystery with Wren’s roommate, but everything became overshadowed by the romance that was suddenly blossoming. I have to admit, I was pretty annoyed that Wren, a Reboot who is known for having zero feelings whatsoever, would fall so easily and quickly for her exact opposite.Look, the story was interesting enough to keep me reading, but it was also boring enough for me to just want to read through it quickly. The pacing was strange; it felt like it took forever for anything to happen, and then all of a sudden the end was rushing up to meet me. And once the romance was in full swing, I was even more bored with all their kissing every five seconds.For some reason, I just could not connect to the characters. I was well on my way toward loving Wren until she let Callum turn her upside down. And sure, Callum’s a nice guy and everything, but I just did feel much for him. I really wanted to like this book, but it ended up just being pretty mediocre for me. Just another dystopian that was even less eventful than most of the others.I realize this review makes me seem pretty heartless or something, but the truth is that I was expecting something darker and harsher than a plain old love story.[Reviews and more at Another Novel Read!]