anothernovelread

Another Novel Read | BookLikes

A blog about (mostly) young adult books. Reviews, discussions, cover reveals, giveaways, and more! Please visit my main website at ohthebooks.com

The Hobbit

The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien, Alan Lee After seeing the movie in December, I knew I wanted to read this book. It was my first Tolkien novel, and I was not disappointed! I was surprised to learn that the movie stayed very true to the book, except for the whole storyline with the orcs, which was apparently manufactured only for the movie. I really liked the style of storytelling going on in this book, where the narrator is some other being altogether, and often speaks directly to the reader. I don’t know why, but I just *love* when the narrator speaks directly to the reader! Anyway, the adventure was fun, and while it did move slowly at some parts, I was never really bored or disinterested with Bilbo’s situation. This book was filled with the things I’ve grown to love about many epic fantasy books: riddles, interesting creatures, clever escapes, and big predicaments. I loved the overall witty and humorous narration, too. I’d definitely recommend this book to anyone.[Reviews and more at Another Novel Read!]