anothernovelread

Another Novel Read | BookLikes

A blog about (mostly) young adult books. Reviews, discussions, cover reveals, giveaways, and more! Please visit my main website at ohthebooks.com

The Gathering Storm (Wheel of Time)

The Gathering Storm (Wheel of Time, #12; A Memory of Light, #1) - Robert Jordan, Michael Kramer, Kate Reading, Brandon Sanderson Okay, asking Brandon Sanderson to complete this series was a *brilliant* idea. He has breathed new life into the Wheel of Time! The pace picks up dramatically in this one, and I know it’s heading toward the end, so that’s bound to happen anyway. FOr a while there I was mostly interested in the Egwene parts. I still favor those, but Sanderson has actually brought me back around to caring about all of the other characters again! There is a subtle humor in this book that wasn’t present in any of the previous books in the series, and I really appreciate it. It’s like the series can finally poke a little fun at itself (but it’s not at all mocking or bad). In addition, Sanderson has brought back little things. Mentioning small details that were present in the earlier books, but got lost along the way later on in the series. It’s a minor thing, but it really helped to re-entrench me into the world of the Wheel of Time. All around, I loved this book and it’s reignited my love for the series.